Monday 8 November 2010

SAY SORRY OR I WILL SUE?



DEFEATED Batu Sapi candidate Ansari Abdullah, who injured himself during the campaign trail, has demanded that Deputy Health Minister Rosnah Abdul Rashid Shirlin apologise for accusing him of lying about the poor services at the Duchess of Kent Hospital in Sandakan.

"I want a public apology... Rosnah has 24 hours to apologise to me publicly. She also has a choice of facing me in a debate... name the place and time; I will come or I will sue her, the hospital and the government, " he told reporters here.

Ansari, who had in two separate incidents fallen into the sea after a jetty and a bridge he was standing on collapsed while he was campaigning in the Batu Sapi by-election, said if Rosnah did not apologise he would sue.

"I have instructed my lawyer Razak Jamil to send a letter of demand telling her that we will take legal action,” he said, adding that if Rosnah and team accepted the truth about the poor services in the hospital and apologised, he would have forgotten about the whole thing.

“But since she (Rosnah) is trying to dispute my integrity… I will sue. I am a senior lawyer, she is just a junior lawyer. This is unethical for a junior lawyer to insult a senior lawyer like me.

“If Rosnah is telling the truth, I challenge her to bring my case notes and X-ray to be examined by independent doctors so that the world will know who is lying; Ansari or Rosnah. Nobody has called me a liar before,” he said.

Shocked at Rosnah's allegations that his claims were ‘baseless’, Ansari said the "issue was not himself but the standard of medical services" and facilities at the Duchess of Kent Hospital.

Recalling his visit, Ansari said: "Why was there no physical examination done on me... no X-ray done on my shoulder? Why did the medical officer fail to detect the fractures on my last two ribs?

"And why is the Sandakan Duchess of Kent Hospital, which is on top of a hill, flooded after half an hour of light rain?” he asked.

On Oct 29, Ansari crashed into the sea when a 10-ft high wooden bridge in Kampung Gas Hujung in Sandakan collapsed. He was immediately taken to the Duchess of Kent Hospital and was told he was fine. He later went to a private hospital for an X-ray and was told that he had a fracture.

Two days before, Ansari fell into the sea after the jetty at Pulau Api-Api collapsed. He was however unhurt. (FMT)

No comments:

Post a Comment