Sunday 5 June 2011

SAPP, HERE TO STAY!



By : HJ AMDE SIDIK

IN rural areas, it is still difficult for people to understand, that is if SAPP is different now compare to when SAPP was still in BN fold three years ago. But sign so far is encouraging everywhere by day. One and a half years ago, many of my friends even shied away because I joined SAPP now my mobile phone is exploded so to speak surely it means something

In areas, UMNO stronghold there is some resistant to even talk openly about politics. They have been indoctrinated by UMNO style politicking for the past 48 years I therefore can understand the difficulty. Race and religion still the main menu, which I would like to explore more given chances.

SAPP is going to stay around as long as they are people subscribed to the idea the we must first put our house in order with solid voice. We will be launching our SAAP manifesto shortly to put things in better picture of what SAPP is fighting for. We actually don’t talk about Sabah for Sabahans; this phrase wasn’t created by SAPP but our political opponents.

Leaders in SAPP come and go but the culture has started. I wouldn’t be with SAPP if SAPP were still with BN and for people, who think like me a like, let study the likely picture of Sabah in another 50 years.

It will take time but basically we are talking about durability and not fly by night kind. PAS didn’t last long like today if the earlier leaders were selfish then and looking solely for self-interest, so too DAP, who ever thought 50 years ago that DAP could form a State government?

Yes they are still people especially the old guards who think things don’t change. I can leave them as they are without making them my enemies; the new generation are in our side urban Bumiputras are thinking nearly similar to Chinese neighbours not that they are influenced by the Chinese culture but due to access and exposure and experience the real world, while in kampongs many things are shielded because of the political system, UMNO practices if you not my friends you are my enemy, to me don’t have to be my friends to be my consultants or advisor, even my enemies may give me good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment