Saturday 11 February 2012

LADY GAGA SUFFERED FROM BULIMIA

SHE may seem very confident on stage what with her bizarre getup and all, but Lady Gaga will tell you otherwise.

As a teenager, the Alejandro hitmaker used to make herself sick after family meals so that she can be skinny and not be the 'Voluptuous Little Italian Girl' like she was.

Gaga, who appeared on It’s Our Turn women’s conference hosted by Maria Shriver, shared that she was bullied in high school and that she suffered from bulimia.

"I started having trouble with girls in middle school,” the singer said. “I always knew that I wanted to do something very career oriented, and I always wanted to be a musician.

"I used to throw up all the time in high school," she said.

"So I'm not that confident. I wanted to be a skinny little ballerina but I was a voluptuous little Italian girl whose dad had meatballs on the table every night.

"I used to come home and say, 'Dad, why do you always give us this food? I need to be thin'. And he'd say, 'Eat your spaghetti'."

But she knew if she continued, she’d lose her singing voice.

"Bulimia made my voice bad so I had to stop. The acid on your vocal cords it's very bad. But for those of you who don't sing, you maybe don't have that excuse until it's too late. It's very dangerous.

"It's easier for me to talk about it now because I don't do it anymore,” the 25-year-old explained.

While she may have saved her voice, Gaga still isn’t completely at ease with her body image.

“Weight is still a struggle. Every video I'm in, every magazine cover, they stretch you; they make you perfect,” added Gaga. “It's not real life. I'm gonna say this about girls: The dieting wars have got to stop. Everyone just knock it off. Because at the end of the day, it's affecting kids your age. And it's making girls sick.

"It's really hard. But you've got to talk to somebody about it. I'm encouraging you to know what you're worth.

"And know that no matter who has more money in class, who has more stuff, who has a country house, nobody is worth more than anybody else."(AGENCIES)

No comments:

Post a Comment