Friday 18 May 2012

"I BLEW IT WITH ANGELINA JOLIE"




IT’S BEEN nine years since Billy Bob Thornton split from Angelina Jolie, and the actor is finally voicing out about the divorce. The Monster’s Ball star admitted during an interview with ABC’s Nightline that it was his insecurities that caused the destruction of the marriage.

"I blew it because I didn't think I was good enough for her," he said.

"She has one way she wanted to live her life and I had another way to live mine, and I was just too insecure.

"I did feel like the Phantom of the Opera hiding in the catacombs. People have actually said that I didn't deserve to be with her," he revealed. The Oscar winning couple, who met in the 1999 film Pushing Tin, got married in 2000 and divorce in 2003.

“When you’re in a relationship, any two celebrities or whatever, you know, I think that puts on a lot of pressure,” Thornton said. “When Angie and I got married, during that time, I was more famous than she was to start with and then when she becomes this big thing, it’s hard in these relationships.”

Their three-year-long marriage was plagued with rumours of wild sex acts and dark love rituals. The 56-year-old actor/director said reports that he and Jolie were “vampires with a dungeon” were “absolutely not true,” and even reports that they wore vials of each other’s blood around their necks were blown out of proportion.

“She bought these clear lockets - they were little bitty things, they were literally this big. Angie and I literally poked each other in the finger with a pen and rubbed a little bit of it (blood) on that locket. When we were apart, it was a symbolic thing to do."

Thornton added that he is still “good friends” with the 36-year-old Lara Croft star, who penned the foreword to his new memoir The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts.

"We had a great time together," Thornton said of his marriage to his fifth wife. "We had a great marriage, and I chickened out because I didn't feel good enough. That's all that happened. It was no big deal, we never hated each other." (Agencies)

No comments:

Post a Comment