Sunday 3 June 2012

BUYS CAR WITH BOXES OF 50 CENT NOTES



AN ICE-CREAM seller stunned salesmen at a car showroom when he took out two boxes of bank notes to buy a vehicle. The man - surnamed Wang from Urumqi of Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in China - told a salesman that he wanted to buy a van costing 29,800 yuan (RM15,000).

As the sales person was processing the documents, Wang went to his car and took out two boxes, containing 400 piles of mostly 50-cent and some 10-cent notes.

Upon entering the showroom again, he poured the money onto the floor, which stunned all the workers there.

"Our eyes and mouths opened wide, we did not know what to do. We were stunned for about one minute. I informed the manager, who asked four of us to help count the money," said one of the salesmen - known as Hasitier.

 


"This is the first time I've counted money until my fingers got cramped," Hasitier said, adding they spent over five hours counting the cash.

Wang told them later that the money was collected from his ice-cream sales, which cost less then 1 yuan (RM0.50) each.

"Over the years, I saved the money up and haven't deposited it until I planned to buy a van recently.

"I took the money to a bank but they rejected me, so I can only bring it here," said Wang. (Urumqi Evening News)

No comments:

Post a Comment