Friday 14 September 2012

HOW SAFE BUILDING IN SABAH?



SEE.....Now you can see the collapsed portion.


Dear Editor,

I want to refer this letter to Department of Occupational Safety And Health. I understand that your department is working towards a safe and healthy culture. I work at Wisma Perindustrian.

On 29th August 2012 8.30am when I arrived at my office I saw the building next to us collapsed. This is a building plan to build up to 28 floor height I believe. This is on their 5th floor and the collapse went through 3 floors down.

I took pictures as it was my first time to see collapse building right in front of me. The next day it still remain collapse in the morning, but late afternoon found covering with blue construction cloth.

It amazed me that the construction was not stop at all for investigation after the incident. I believe it is not safe for the workers to continue working in a collapsed building without knowing what actually caused the problem.

So I walked around the building, and was surprised that there is  no construction board put up. The only sign I find is the health and safety signboard at entrance. According to my architect friends, it is illegal to not have a construction board with project details, is that correct?




DONT.....Now you cant see the collapsed portion because already coverup!.


On 3rd of Sept 12.30pm. The collapsed hole was completely covered by boards. I assume that means they do not plan to investigate.

It's very unfair to buyers as well as investorthis could cost life in the future. And for me, is it safe to go to work at the building so near to the collapse building? Will it fall to our side in the future?

I beg you to take appropriate action towards a safe and healthy culture for us. If you need further information please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

JAN CHOW
cyeefah@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment