To reverse colonization-style form of governance and restore the special rights, privileges and equal partnership status of the Borneo States in the Federation.
That the Borneo States of Sabah and Sarawak will be a free, politically autonomous, democratic, secure and economically progressive state of Malaysia.
To ensure that the Malaysia Agreement including the 20 points conditions, assurances and the undertakings by Tunku Abdul Rahman and those contained in the Inter-Governmental Committee (IGC) Report as well as the Cobbold Commission are respected and implemented as per Article VIII of the Malaysian Agreement 1963.
UBF’s Core Demands
1. That the Federal government establishes a ‘Compliance Mechanism’ vide a Ministry or an enacted body to implement our core objective and core demands stated herein and comply with Article VIII of the Malaysia Agreement;
2. Demand for a fairer and more equitable revenue sharing formulae including a review of the percentage of oil net revenue as well as a fair and equitable representation and role in parliament/ Federal Cabinet/ Judiciary and the civil and diplomatic service;
3. Restore the equal partnership status of Sabah and Sarawak to Malaya in the Federation;
4. Demand for the abolishment of Cabotage/ Transport/ Trade Policies that negatively affects the Borneo States;
5. Demand for the respect and implementation of Native rights/ NCR and Article 153 of the Federal Constitution;
6. Demand for a shift in the economic development focus to Sabah and Sarawak including the narrowing of the Economic and Digital Divides between Malaya and the Borneo States of Sabah and Sarawak; and
7. Resolve the illegal immigrants (PTI)/ ‘Project IC’ problems and the threat to the territorial integrity of Sabah and Sarawak including the passing of the heaviest deterrent sentence on crimes related to the issuance of citizenship to illegal immigrants.
Role & Function:
Empowering the people by educating them about their political economic history; their rights and responsibilities, and to inculcate the spirit of our struggle for justice.
UBF, as a pressure group and civil rights movement, will align itself with political parties, organizations, and individuals who believe in our struggle and who can support, fulfill, or satisfy our objectives, demands, and agendas. We stand on the side of reason, logic, and what is right for the people of Borneo.