REQUESTS..... NIAT members handing their requests to Lim Kit Siang and the DAP MPs .
THE NATIONAL Indian Rights Action Team paid a courtesy call to the DAP Parliament Leader Lim Kit Siang in Parliament Building recently to had over a memorandum concerning their calls for the 13th General Election, that is 'Undo History, Redo Future'!
Present at the meeting were the Ipoh Barat MP M. Kulasegeran, the Cheras MP Tan Kok Wai, the Bandar Kuching MP Chong Chieng Jen, and the KK MP Hiew King Cheu with other DAP MPs.
The NIAT Chairman Dato’ Thasleem Mohamed Ibrahim Al-Haj led the delegation from the Indian community to Parliament to hand over their request and gave a detail briefing to the DAP MPs. The group forwarded 5 important requests on behalf of the Indian Community which are as follows:-
1. New Department – Jabatan Hal-Ehwal, Pembangunan & Penyelidikan Kaum Minority Malaysia.
2. Economy request – Indian Amanah, Indian Malaysian Economic unit formation, Statistic Commission of Malaysian, Smart Agro Indian Land Scheme, Micro Loan Delivery Methods/Criteria, etc
3. Education request – Education Blue print, Reinstall quota system for high education. New Tamil schools and land, etc
4. Social request – alcohol laws and programs, youth gangsterism, national service, etc
5. Government Policies request – civil service employment, Malaysian unity language, etc
There are many other issues regarding their request for better treatment due to the building up of the negligence on the part of the government towards the third largest race group in Malaysia. They felt they have been let down and they want their rights to be recognized and upgraded especially during the general election time.
Lim Kit Siang told them that the Pakatan Rakyat will study their request in more detail.
Meanwhile, the Indian community in Kota Kinabalu will have a good chance to meet up and listen to the 3 DAP Indian MPS who will be giving speeches in the Grand Port View seafood restaurant starting from 7pm on the 7th of December (Friday). This is a golden opportunity for the Sabah Indian community to meet them face to face. They are the Pinang DCM cum Batu Kawan MP Professor Dr P Ramasamy, DAP Vice National Chairman cum Ipoh Barat MP M Kulasegeran, and the Seremban MP John Fernandez.
KK MP Hiew said all are welcome to attend the function and entrance is free. There will be buffet dinner served for those who had bought the buffet tickets. Please come early due to the limited seats available in the restaurant.