Saturday 24 March 2012

FB INCREASES PIC QUALITY



CHEERS.....More cheers for Facebook lovers.

THE SOCIAL network has announced a major upgrade to the way images are displayed, introducing high resolution and full-screen viewing.

Improvements to Facebook's photo viewer mean that images are now automatically displayed in "the highest resolution possible", potentially at up to four times larger than before, said Facebook.

Users of the latest version of Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers can also now expand photos in the viewer to take up the entire computer screen.

They must click the arrows on the top right hand corner of a photo to make it full-screen.

In a blog post, Facebook engineer Ryan Mack explained that he first noticed the issue after he spent a holiday in Australia.

"Two of my passions in life are travel and photography. After working hard to build Facebook Timeline, I spent a few weeks travelling around Australia with my wife and camera," he wrote.

"Inside the Sydney Opera house I took a photo that I just couldn't wait to share with my friends. But when I uploaded it to Facebook the seat ended up looking way too red. It was a subtle change, but it bothered me enough to investigate.

"As someone who loves photography and plans to upload many more pictures to Facebook, I want to make sure the photos experience is as good as it can be," Mack wrote. (digitalspy)

No comments:

Post a Comment