Wednesday 14 March 2012

BRAVE ACID VICTIM FACES EX-LOVER IN COURT

FIX....Patricia Lefranc still has to undergo 20 operations to fix her face.

RICHARD Remes was not happy when his mistress Patricia Lefranc decided to end their affair. So he planned and succeeded in a sulphuric acid attack when he poured the burning liquid on her face as she exited a lift in December 2009.

The 48-year-old lady was left disfigured, underwent 86 operations following the attack and the hideous deformity has "turned me into a monster".

Remes, 57, is now on trial for attempted murder in Belgium.

"When I look in the mirror, every fibre of my body reminds me of what happened," she said in court.

"The acid which he maimed me is worse than a weapon of war. It still gnaws at me."

She was convinced she would die but neighbours heard her screams and got her to the hospital’s burns unit, where she lay in coma for three months.

"I hope Remes is convicted of attempted murder, and not just for assault and battery with torture. He did not just want to hurt me, he wanted me out of the way. I just hope that I get to tell the court what I experienced, and how it hurt.

"I would also appeal to his wife. She paints me as a manipulator who hooked her husband. I think that's an insult a dagger in my back.

"He made the first step in starting a relationship, and I had to bring it to a close. Let's reverse the roles, but don't tell me how seriously he should be punished.

“I leave that to the court, but while working out the punishment don't lose sight of the fact that he condemned me to pain, both physical and psychological, for life.”

Lefranc said she has 20 operations to go. The sulphuric acid still has an effect on her face, and her nose is being "eaten away" by the corrosive chemical. A prosthetic one would eventually replace it.

SPRAYING....Richard Remes is on trial for spraying his ex-lover's face with acid.

Remes has apologised for the attack and claimed he never meant to maim her because he didn’t realise the acid would have such a devastating effect.

On how they met, Remes said: "I moved with my wife and children to the building on Avenue Sippelberg in 2006. Patricia was already living there. She was a janitor. At first we just said hello, that's all."

"Then her relationship with her ex boyfriend ended. And, in late 2008, she asked me two or three time to do small jobs in her house that she could not do herself.

"One day, at the beginning of 2009, I offered to go for coffee. We went to a hotel and our relationship began."

The case is still ongoing. (Daily Mail)

No comments:

Post a Comment