Wednesday 10 November 2010

THAM SHOULD NOT RUN AND HIDE



By: DATUK YONG TECK LEE

WHY should Datuk Tham Nyip Shen tell me to stop telling the truth about him when he has continued telling lies about me? What is he afraid of? Having told so many vicious lies about me, Tham should not now run and hide.

With Tham’s admission about the bribe in the form of a billion ringgit petrochemical plant in June 2008, it has become easier to see through Tham’s scheme to fulfill his greed. Let every living being on this earth beware of Tham.

I have already produced documentary proof of his lies on FMU. He had claimed to be ignorant of FMUs but his signed letters in 1999 and that of KKIP Sdn. Bhd. proved that he was lying. (see www.sapp.org.my). Being a liar, he cannot be believed. Tham fabricated another lie. I had never imagined myself to be Prime Minster. I had never compared myself with Lee Kuan Yew, just as I never did compare myself with Koh Tsu Koon. It was Koh who repeatedly compared himself with me.

Upon stepping down as Chief Minster on 28 May 1998, I even recommended Tham to remain as Deputy Chief Minister. I left Cabinet in 1999 and allowed Tham to keep his ministerial posts. I looked after the party while he looked after himself. Until a month ago, he was still pretending to be friendly to me. Why is Tham so vindictive today?

He has threatened to tell more lies to scare me off, so be it. It is time that the people hear the worst of the worst about me from Tham. After Batu Sapi, I am already full of bullet holes and dog bites; another few bites make no difference.

Tham thinks that his pay masters are proud of him; actually they think lowly of him and will discard him like a running dog once Tham has done their dirty work. They know that Tham will bite them one day. This is the reputation of Tham. So many people had warned me about Tham before but I was fooled by Tham’s sweet talk all these years.

In one of Tham’s many lies told to many people during the Batu Sapi by-election campaign, Tham had alleged that I approved much land to cronies. Actually, Tham was talking about only himself.

Tham should remember that at a Cabinet meeting, he had to leave the room because the land applicant was his family. As far as I can recall, there was no other meeting that any member of the Cabinet had to leave the room due to vested interests. Therefore, the crony who got land approved to his family was Tham Nyip Shen. Let’s see if he will lie about this too.

(NOTE: Datuk Yong Teck Lee is Ex-Sabah Chief Minster, 28 May 1996 to 27 May 1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment