Monday 16 April 2012

S'PORE ACTRESS NEEDS SPERM DONOR



FOR MOST Singaporean women, the thought of conception through an anonymous sperm donation elicits negative connotations. But what if you were in your 40s, single, and just couldn't ignore any longer that loud ticking of your biological clock?

Ask actress Michelle Tay, 42, and she'll tell you that she's opened up about heading to the sperm bank as a last resort.

Michelle never had a boyfriend. The desire to have kids stems from the fact that she comes from a big family.

She told The New Paper, with a laugh: "I would love to have three kids and I don't mind what people say about me going to a sperm donor as there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a single mum.

"I'm not afraid of pregnancy. With my weight, it feels like I'm carrying around a baby every day anyway," she added.

The happy-go-lucky plus-sized comedienne weighs 90kg and is 1.46m tall.

"I think that a mixed-blood kid would be really cute so I guess I would prefer a Caucasian sperm donor," she said.

"But most importantly, if I could choose, I would want the genes of a man who has a good temper as I want my child to be good-tempered."

She admitted: "Of course the ideal thing is for me to meet someone, get married and have children the natural way. I'm giving myself till the end of this year and I will try my best to meet more people."

Michelle prefers to hang out at home as she's very close to her family, especially to her two younger (and also single) sisters.

"We work and play together. So I guess with all the love, there has never been really a need to get out there."

Raising her kids as a single mum doesn't worry Michelle as she's confident that her supportive family would be there every step of the way. (The New Paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment