DAP Sabah State Assistant Secretary, Junz Wong call on the youth to vote for Pakatan Rakyat in coming 13th General Election for overcoming the escalating high living costs and better futures.
In view of the high living costs under BN regime for the last 50 years, youth are already facing problems to survive in the society let alone starting a family or having a house of their own. Prices of essential goods will continue to rise further if BN were to win in GE13 as BN has openly declared that they will implement GST (Goods & Services Tax) in full scale by 2013.
Junz said that Malaysia has at least more than 1million talented professionals leaving to other countries for greener parks, especially the younger generations. Youth must change their destiny in coming GE13 citing GE13 as the battle of the Rakyat.
Since 2008, we have seen a significant increase over 20% of new voter registrations and youth consists of 45% of the total voter electoral rolls. Therefore, Youth are the King makers in the coming GE13.
Pakatan Rakyat has concrete plans to ensure that the voices of the young generations are heard, their needs are fulfilled. One significant part of PR plans is to create more business and employment opportunities and retain human resources talents when PR comes into power. Junz said during a recent Youth debate organized by DESAH Sabah.
1) Pakatan Rakyat has pledged to abolish PTPTN as part of their total education system revamp to ensure free education till the higher tertiary level and even university level. PR believes that education is a right, not a privilege. Government cannot be profiteering from the students. The students have loans to repay even before they are graduated. What kind of policy is this?
2) Pakatan Rakyat will implement open tenders to ensure the best people get the job. PR will also abolish all monopolistic system such as AP licenses, Astro and rationalize all government linked industries such as sugar, electricity, water, rice etc. This significant move will ensure the prices of all essential goods and services are determined by economical market forces ie demand & supply and rakyat will be given a fair price. This will bring down the prices of all essential goods and lessen the burden of high living costs. PR will abolish policies which empower cronyism such as Cabotage policy.
3) Pakatan Rakyat will ensure the voices and opinions of the youth generations are involved in the decision-making of important policies by introducing youth parliament. In fact, DAP - Pakatan led Penang government has already held two successful youth parliament sessions since 2010. This is to encourage more youth to get involved in politics and nation building process.
4) Pakatan Rakyat will set up a fund to retain human talents as per announced by DAP National Secretary General CM Lim Guan Eng during his Kaamatan Festival visit in Kota Kinabalu. This fund is to ensure more business & employment opportunities are created in various industries.
5) Pakatan Rakyat will ensure Sabah autonomy rights will be respected and given back through decentralization system. Sabahans especially the young generations will play a more prominent role in the decision - making and policy - making in the context of Sabah politics and economy. Thus Sabah will indeed be for Sabahans and Sabahan youth can enjoy the freedom to live with dignity. Youth moving to Kuala Lumpur to work will be a thing of a past.
Junz Wong who is also DAPSY KK Assistant Youth Chief called on all Sabahans especially the youth, to unite under Pakatan Rakyat with fellow Malaysians to win this battle of the Rakyat. Only through unity among Malaysians, we can be given a real chance of changing the fate of Sabah and the destiny of Malaysia to save Sabah, save Malaysia.
With the flying colour report cards by 4 Pakatan-led governments ie Penang, Selangor, Kedah and Kelantan have shown Malaysians beyond reasonable doubts that Pakatan Rakyat is ready to take Malaysia out of her misery and bring her to a whole new level to compete in the international level. Junz concluded.