Wednesday 9 May 2012

HAIRY ARMPITS, GUYS?



ARMPITS.....Meet Emer O'Toole, a female graduate student who doesn't shave her armpits for 18 months. Ewww!.....

The 28-year-old guest on ITV This Morning to proudly show off her hairy armpits. Her message to the world: Women shouldn't conform to 'artificial gender norms'.

O'Toole explained that she initially planned to keep her armpit hair for a year, but has decided not to shave as long as 18 months (and counting).

She told TV hosts Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford: "I was living in Dublin and it just hit me that there was so much pressure on women to conform to artificial gender norms.

"All around me my friends were getting laser hair removal, Brazilians, some of them were getting Botox... I just thought where does this end?

"I started examining my own relationship with beauty and with my body. Why did I have to shave?"

She added: "I thought back to when I started shaving and I realised that when I was 14, you know, the hair started sprouting and I didn't think, 'Will I keep these or will I shave them off'. I knew I had to shave them off or everyone would think I was disgusting"

So how long is she gonna keep it, you ask? "The experiment was supposed to be for a year and then the end of the year came and I was like, 'I really like my body hair'," O'Toole replied.

The London-based student claimed that men she has dated have not minded the look, saying: "Boys don't care, boys have body hair so they kind of know it's not disgusting." (digitalspy.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment